Responsibility & Qualification Summary
Occupational Therapist Schools
SUMMARY: The NCC Occupational Therapist will perform evaluations and subsequent planning, execution of therapy programs for infants and children with neuromotor dysfunction, sensory integrative disorders and developmental disabilities. There are opportunities to work with adults with cognitive impairments as well. The occupational therapist will participate in intra-disciplinary and interdisciplinary training programs for staff, parents and community agencies. In addition, the occupational therapist will be involved in the supervision of OT students, and will maintain appropriate student records and billing for services. Experience in a school based setting is not required but is preferred.
REPORTS TO: School Principal
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Screen, evaluate and treat students as per parent, teacher and or physician referral.
- Educate parents/caretaker and staff in student care and design home programs as applicable.
- Prepare written documentation including annual IEP's, quarterly reports, daily log notes, billing sheets and related service provider logs in accordance with DC and Maryland OT guidelines, and Comar guidelines.
- Effectively function within an interdisciplinary team.
- Supervise fieldwork students (Level I and II),
- Assist in care and maintenance of therapy department equipment and supplies.
- Participates and supports OT department activities, including in-services and peer reviews.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (Required to perform essential functions)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Baccalaureate Degree required
- Must be licensed in the District of Columbia and the State of Maryland
- Basic Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy (MA/MS) in OT preferred
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal/external customers and clients.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence