Responsibility & Qualification Summary For
SUMMARY: Provide evaluation and treatment in the areas of sensory motor, activities of daily living and motor development.
REPORTS TO: Program Clinical Coordinator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct evaluations and provide treatment for children in the area of sensory motor, activities of daily living, and motor development
- Provide training to families and staff in the area of positioning, daily exercise and use of adaptive equipment, feeding, activities of daily living, sensory integration programs, work habits, neuromuscular development, and assistive technology
- Recommend and/or fabricate assistive devices and equipment
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, assist in the development of an IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) and IEP (Individual Education Program)
- Provide written evaluation, daily progress reports, and quarterly reports
- Maintain daily data collection and treatment records
- Participate in staff meetings, and in-service training activities
- Act as liaison with other agencies providing OT, Physical medicine and orthopedic services to coordinate services
- Provide training and monitor clinical performance of graduate occupational therapy student field work and therapy aide (if applicable and as assigned)
- Participate in family meetings to discuss student’s progress in therapy
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (Required to perform essential functions)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or related field from an accredited institution
- Passing of national certification exam; eligible to provide services in D.C.
- Experience working with persons with developmental disabilities, fieldwork accepted